Thursday, January 8, 2009

We then went and spent almost a week in Oregon with Frank's family. We arrived very late Christmas Eve after a long day of traveling. Our flight was delayed 3 hours so we took turns walking Kyson around the airport. He was actually pretty happy until it was time to line up to board the plane and then he started screaming. Let me tell you, when people already have their flight delayed on Christmas Eve, they are not excited that a screaming baby is getting on that flight! I got some really dirty looks and a few people rolling their eyes at me as I was trying to calm him down, but no worries, he was a perfect angel. I fed him as soon as we boarded and he passed out for the whole flight! What a relief, because I was so stressed out about the flight!
All of Frank's family was together for the first time in years, and it was fun to introduce Kyson to all of them! This is him being entertained by his cousin Ellie.

Grandpa Taylor made all of the grandsons these cool trucks.
Kyson with his Great-Grandma Webster. It was so nice to have him meet his 3 living Great-Grandparents (all on Frank's side). We forgot our camera when we visited Great Grandma and Grandpa Taylor, but I managed to get a cell phone picture I will have to upload.
Von and Tana made all of the neices and nephews some really cute piggy banks! Kyson's is a snowboarder. You can't really tell from the picture, but it's made from wood and it has tracks down it where you put a coin and it slides down and lands in the jar! Pretty cool! I anticipate it giving Kyson many hours of entertainment in about a year!
We feel so blessed to have been able to spend time with both our families over Christmas and especially to have our sweet little boy as part of our family! He definitely made this our best Christmas ever!

2 comments:

Jesse said...

I'm glad you had such a great Christmas! It was so good to see you and meet Kyson. What a little cutie! You also look fabulous! What an awesome present Frank made for your mom. What a talented guy!

Tanya said...

wish we could have seen you guys. little man is as cute as he can be!